The FlowTracker Handheld-ADV® (Acoustic Doppler Velocimeter) measures 2D or 3D currents, attaches easily to wading rods, and features an automatic discharge computation using a variety of international methods, including ISO and USGS standards. The FlowTracker also features SonTek's exclusive "SmartQC" which involves a series of built-in data quality checks, so you know your data is right. At the end of the data run, just press a button and the FlowTracker calculates the discharge for you!
It doesn't matter if you are new to acoustic Doppler technology, or an old familiar friend, the FlowTracker provides unparalleled benefits you will only find with SonTek/YSI systems. Here is some of what sets the FlowTracker apart.
- Multi-language instrument and software (English, Spanish, French, Italian, and German)
- Proven velocity accuracy to as low as 0.001m/s (0.003 ft/s) and up to 4.0 m/s (13 ft/s)
- Automatic discharge calculation - International techniques, including ISO and USGS standards
- Record changing gauge heights and rated flows, with comments in each measurement
- Automatic discharge uncertainty calculation to ISO standard. A FlowTracker First!
- General measurement feature for spot checks of velocity, etc.
- Measure velocities in water as shallow as 2 cm (less than an 1 inch)
- Keypad interface with real-time velocity and flow display
- Automatic quality control for accurate data collection
- Two or three dimensional velocity measurement
- Recorded data is shielded from power loss
- Lightweight, rugged, and waterproof
- No calibration required - ever!
- Built-in temperature sensor
- 2-D/3-D ADV side-looking probe
- 5m flexible cable
- Deluxe SonTek two piece, top-setting wading rod kit (1.2 m or 4 ft) including case and mounting brackets
- Wading rod mounting bracket for controller/keypad
- Offset mounting bracket for ADV probe
- 2.4m metric rod
The FlowTracker is the ideal wading discharge solution if you're looking for:
- Unmatched performance in shallow water and low flows
- Help in challenging outdoor conditions
- Built-in quality checks (SmartQC) so you know your data is right!
- A way to avoid recurring calibration/maintenance
- Tough equipment that doesn't break down all the time
- An easy-to-use interface
- Fewer steps to follow
SmartQC is a built-in quality control feature that gives you the added assurance your FlowTracker data is correct. With each measurement, data is compared to a variety of adaptive QC criteria to ensure the best measurement possible.
|Velocity Range||±0.001 to 4.0 m/s (0.003 to 13 ft/s)|
|Velocity Resolution||0.0001 m/s (0.0003 ft/s)|
|Velocity Accuracy||±1% of measured velocity, ±0.25 cm/s|
|Sampling Volume Location||10 cm from center transducer|
|Power Supply||8 AA Alkaline batteries (25+ hours of continuous operation)|
|Weight||1.8 kg (4.0 lbs)|
|Probe Width||130 mm (5.1 in)|
|LCD/Keypad Unit||Temporarily submersible to 1 m (3 ft)|
|Operating/Storage Temperature||-20º to 50ºC|